Austin, TX Feb 24, 2013 - AIrCare Automation, Inc. presented a seminar on Single-Phase AC controls at the Motor and Drives Conference- Orlando, Fl. The presentation centered on state-of-the-art solutions available to engineers using single-phase AC motors and wanting advanced performance.
The VariPhase can now be used:
Single Phase AC Controls Conclusions:
- The ability to monitor and control single-phase AC motors enables the use of these fans for variable-speed, variable-torque applications.
- Improvements in the controller platform reduces humming noise and improves efficiency compared to traditional, light-dimmer solutions.
- Adding close-loop control capability and exploring sensor-less options for monitoring and controlling the AC motors is the focus of upcoming/next generation solutions.
AC Single Phase motor controls can provide low-cost and accurate monitoring/ controls for variable-speed/ variable-torque applications. Contact AirCare Automation, Inc. for your next project requiring AC Motor Controls!
- Phase Control can provide cost-effective and improved performance to single phase AC motor control for air movement applications
- 3 wire improves efficiency
- Characterization and digital control provide control speeds
- Open loop control of AC motor provides inherent limits to accuracy of output (i.e. RPM or airflow)
- Accuracy of control can be added through low cost external sensors or innovative sensor-less approaches
- Air flow sensors, pressure sensors, or others provide system performance levels that go beyond RPM control
- Monitoring the AC Voltage & AC current of the drive can help provide adjustments to open loop